Job Posting: Bus Driver (PT)
Part Time Bus Driver Positions ($15.00/hr)
Scheduled 10-20 hours or as needed
This position involves responsibility for driving a bus. The operator is responsible for the safety and conduct of the passengers. Work is performed under general supervision with considerable leeway allowed to the operator for independent judgment in carrying out the details of the work. Candidates are subject to pre-employment physical/drug testing.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES
- Operates a bus on assigned routes.
- Checks the operating condition of the bus before starting a trip.
- Reports defects to supervisor.
- Instruct passengers about safety practices.
- Maintains orderly conduct of passengers.
- Completes accident and vehicle maintenance reports.
- Cleans interior and exterior of assigned vehicle.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks on vehicle.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Possession of a valid appropriate level NYS Commercial Drivers License at appointment. The City prefers an applicant to have graduated from high school or possess a GED and have one year of experience driving a bus.
Deadline to apply:
MAY 16, 2012
Apply: City of Poughkeepsie
62 Civic Center Plaza
Poughkeepsie, N.Y. 12601
Attn: Personnel Department
AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER