Yard Debris Curbside Pickup – April through November
Curbside pickup of yard debris occurs every Wednesday, from April through November. As with refuse, place the yard debris at curbside no earlier than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday. If the July 4th holiday falls on a Wednesday, there will be no pickup of yard debris that week.
You have three choices on how to put material out for pickup:
- Place it in a biodegradable paper bag (do not use plastic) ; or,
- Place it in a clean garbage can (no trash material in it) ; or,
- If it is brush and branches, simply tie and bundle it.
All of the methods listed above require that the material be no longer than three feet so that it will fit in the City truck.
Allowable Storage Containers
- Biodegradable bags
- Trash cans (no refuse in cans)
- Grass clippings
- Garden and yard debris
- Twigs and branches
- Trimmings and brush less than two inches in diameter and no longer than three feet long
Setting Out & Returning Containers
- Trimmings and brush may be tied into manageable bundles.
- Bundled brush should be placed by the curb and neatly piled in one direction.
- Cans or materials are to be placed curbside no earlier than 5:00 p.m. on the night before scheduled pickup.
- After pickup, cans are to be returned to the rear of the residence no later than 6:00 a.m. the morning after refuse is collected.
Loose Leaves/Fall Season
- Vacuum truck service begins in November as posted on the website (or call Transfer Station).
- Place leaves at curb only after your street has been posted.
- Do not place leaves in gutter lines in the street as this will cause flooding when it rains.