Fall Leaf Collection Schedule
The Department of Public Works will start collecting loose leaves from the curb on Monday, November 4, 2013. To eliminate the early leaf piles, the department plans to have leaf crews in all eight wards of the city every workday of the week up to November 15th. On November 22nd, leaf crews will concentrate in City Wards with the higher tree populations.
Please have loose leaves raked out to the curb starting 1st Nov and ending on the dates below. The last day for raking leaves to the curb for vacuum truck service is as follows:
- Sunday, November 3: 1st Ward & 2nd Ward
- Sunday, November 10: 3rd Ward & 5th Ward
- Sunday, November 17: 6th Ward & 7th Ward
- Sunday, November 24: 4th Ward & 8th Ward
For the month of October and after the above dates, residents should place their loose leaves and brush in paper yard bags or trash containers (free of garbage) for collection. DPW will have a separate truck collecting leaves in paper yard debris bags placed at the curb on every Wednesday of the week from November 6th to December 18th.
LEAF SEASON REMINDERS:
- Please rake leaf piles on the curb or at the end of the pavement. DO NOT PLACE IN THE STREET.
- Hired landscapers should be aware of the above stop dates for leaf piles and that the city has an ordinance prohibiting the blowing and/or piling of leaves in the street.
- When loose leaves and yard debris are bagged, only biodegradable paper bags may be used. NO PLASTIC.
- If you have any questions, please call Public Works at 451-4111 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. during regular business days.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND COOPERATION