Position Available – Section 8 Code Enforcement Officer (P/T)
SECTION 8 CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER- PART TIME
This work involves responsibility for inspecting dwelling units and property within the municipality to determine and secure compliance with codes and ordinances on building standards. Work is performed according to an established routine under the general supervision of administrative or supervisory personnel. Supervision of others is not normally a function of the class.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
1. Enters dwelling units and property and inspects heating, lighting, ventilating and sanitary facilities, etc;
2. Completes checklists to ensure standards are met;
3. Issues and orders corrections and improvements on unsafe or hazardous conditions;
4. Investigates complaints made by the public about possible violations;
5. Maintains records and issues reports of inspection activities;
6. Does related work as required.
Graduation from high school or possession of high school equivalency and two years of full-time paid work experience.
NOTE: College education may be substituted for work experience on a year for year basis (30 credits equal to one year).
Pre-employment physical and drug testing is required.
Possession of a valid driver’s license at time of appointment.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: July 2, 2014
APPLY: City of Poughkeepsie
62 Civic Center Plaza
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Attn: Personnel Department
The City of Poughkeepsie is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.