City Prepares for Snow Storm
In preparation for the snow storm forecasted to begin early on Sunday, February 12, 2017, the City asks that all residents take note of the following:
- Sanitation/Garbage collection and Bus Service is closed as per the regular schedule.
- Residents are asked to try to wait until plow equipment has come through on their street before clearing your driveway.
- Fire Hydrants must be clear and accessible. Please see attached Safety Message regarding clearing snow from Fire Hydrants near your property (see below).
- We encourage residents to find alternative parking or to park their vehicles in public parking lots. The Crannell Street parking lot will be open for free public parking. In the case of a declared Snow Emergency, street parking on designated Snow Emergency Routes is prohibited.
Attached is the City’s Snow Emergency Route Map (see below). In the event of a Snow Emergency declaration, all residents are advised to check the map to inquire if your street is part of the Emergency Route. Each one of the seven snow fighting sections has a pre-established priority listing of streets to salt and plow. Priorities are established by the following street designations:
- Snow Emergency Routes (heavily traveled/hospital access roads)
- Arterials (Routes 44 and 55)
- Steep graded hills and sharp curves
- Residential streets
- Cul-de-Sacs and dead-ends
- Service Drives
For updates and announcements please attend to local media outlets and the City website: www.cityofpoughkeepsie.com