Dutchess County Public Transit to Host Info Meetings About New City of Poughkeepsie Bus Routes
As part of the County’s continuing efforts to enhance public transit service options for residents and visitors, Dutchess County Public Transit will host several public outreach meetings next week to provide an overview of the four new County bus routes expected to launch July 1st in the City of Poughkeepsie. The four new routes will offer improved service to City residents with extended daily operating hours and greater connections to other County bus routes.
The new routes are:
- Route CJ (Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital, Route 9G, Dutchess Community College, Stop & Shop Hyde Park)
- Route CK (Vassar Hospital, Beechwood Avenue, Hudson & Poughkeepsie Plazas)
- Route CL (City School Tripper and Main Street, Riverfront, Poughkeepsie Train Station, Adams Fairacre Farms, Stop & Shop, Kmart)
- Route CM (Earline Patrice Park, Dutchess Community College, Fox Hill)
Attendees at the information meetings will have the opportunity to learn about the new routes, view route maps and participate in a question and answer session. The first four meetings will each focus on a specific route and will conclude with a bus ride on the new route. The final Saturday, May 13th meeting will be a general overview of all of the routes, but will not have rides along the new routes.
Public Information Meetings
The scheduled public information meetings are:
- Tuesday, May 9th at 9:30 a.m. at the Dutchess County Department of Behavioral & Community Health Training Room, 230 North Road, Poughkeepsie to discuss Route CJ.
- Tuesday, May 9th at 2:00 p.m. at the St. Simeon Apartments Community Room, 700 Second Mile Drive, Poughkeepsie to discuss Route CK.
- Wednesday, May 10th at 10:00 a.m. at the City of Poughkeepsie Public Safety Building Community Room, 505 Main Street, Poughkeepsie to discuss Route CL.
- Wednesday, May 10th at 6:00 p.m. at the Family Partnership Center Auditorium, 29 North Hamilton Street, Poughkeepsie to discuss Route CM.
- Saturday, May 13th at 10:00 a.m. at the Family Partnership Center Auditorium, 29 North Hamilton Street, Poughkeepsie to discuss Routes CJ, CK, CL and CM.
Dutchess County Public Transit will provide free courtesy shuttle transportation to and from the meetings for those living and working within the City of Poughkeepsie. Reservations are required. To make a reservation, please call (845) 473-8424.
To learn more about the new routes, go to: www.dutchessny.gov/publictransit