Archive for the "Road Closure" Category
Please be advised that on Saturday, June 10, 2017, the following Parking Restrictions and Road Closures will be put into effect for the Think Differently Dash.
- Main St from Market St East to Hamilton Street from 6AM to 12Noon
**Vehicles parked along this corridor starting at 6AM will be towed by City Police.
Roads Closed to Vehicular Traffic from approximately 8AM to 12Noon
- Southbound Catherine Street from Mill St to Main St.
- Northbound Academy St from Cannon Street to Main St.
- Eastbound Main Street from Market St to Hamilton Street.
- Westbound Main Street from Hamilton St to Market Street.
Market Street/ Civic Center Plaza and the Transportation Hub will remain OPEN to Vehicular Traffic for the duration of the event.
The general public is urged to use the Financial Parking Deck to attend the event. Volunteers and those participating in the Think Differently Dash are asked to utilize the Crannell Street Parking Lot with access via N. Hamilton Street
Walkway Marathon’s Think Differently Dash— a one-mile run/walk celebrating individuals in our community with cognitive, developmental, and physical disabilities — will take place on Main Street on Saturday, June 11, 2016 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
No Parking, starting 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., on Main Street from Market East to Hamilton Street. Cars parked here during these hours will be towed by City of Poughkeepsie Police Department.
Road closures in the area will be in place between 6:00 a.m.to 12:00 p.m., as follows:
- Main Street will be closed to all vehicular traffic both eastbound and westbound from Hamilton to Market Street.
- Academy Street will be closed northbound from Cannon to Main Street.
- Catherine Street will be closed southbound from Mill to Main Street.
- All parking for this event will be in the Crannell Street parking area beginning at 8:00 a.m.
Bus Route Detours:
- The Main Street route will detour from Cannon Street to South Clinton Street
- The Northside route will follow the Main Street route
- The Southside route will detour to Cannon Street to Market Street
The Think Differently Dash race route is as follows: Start on Main Street near Hudson Valley Office Furniture, continue west on Main to turnaround point near Commercial Park, head east back to second turnaround point at Hudson Valley Office Furniture,continue west to the finish line arch across from Commercial Park.
Motorists should expect road closures from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Thank you for your cooperation.
City of Poughkeepsie Government, Dutchess County Government, & Walkway Over the Hudson
Beginning at 6:00 am this Sunday (April 17th), the following roads will be closed in the City of Poughkeepsie to vehicular traffic:
- Main Street between Academy Street and Columbus Drive
- Market Street between Church Street and Mill Street
- Cannon Street will be limited to local traffic and closed at Market Street
- Garden Street will be closed
- Columbus Drive between Mansion Street and Mill Street will be closed
There is NO PARKING beginning at 5:00 am this Sunday on the following streets;
- Main Street between Academy Street and Columbus Drive.
- Market Street between Church Street and Mansion Street.
Expect traffic delays and possible road closures throughout the day and evening hours.
Wednesday July 15th, Robinson Excavators have closed N Clinton Street. They will be working on lanes bordering the Mansion Square Park, between the north and south Mansion Street. Work zones are in place and emergency vehicles will be accommodated
If you have any questions or concerns, please call DPW Dispatch at (845) 451-4111. Thank you.
On Tuesday July 14th, beginning at 7:00am Robinson Excavators will be closing N Clinton Street . They will be working on N Clinton between the north and south Mansion Street lanes bordering the Mansion Square Park. Work zones will be in place and emergency vehicles will be accommodated.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call DPW Dispatch at (845) 451-4111. Thank you.
Contractors have closed the south bound lane on Lincoln Avenue between Columbia and Reade Place, Monday, July 13th, 2015, to repair an undermining road condition. Work zones are in place and emergency vehicles will be accommodated.
If you have any questions or concerns please call DPW Dispatch at (845) 451-4111.
The City of Poughkeepsie Water Department, Central Hudson, and contractor Thomas Gleason will be closing the eastern end of Oakley Street, at Smith Street beginning today, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, and continuing for approximately 3 weeks. Workers will be capping/moving gas mains and repairing a water main break at this location. Oakley Street can be accessed via North Clinton Street. Work zones will be in place and emergency vehicles will be accommodated.
During the water main repairs, residents may experience a temporary disruption in their water service and/or low water pressure. Once the repairs are made and the water is restored, residents should run the water until it is clear if cloudy. If you have any questions or concerns please call DPW Dispatch at (845) 451-4111.
In anticipation of a large turn out from the public safety community for the services for Firefighter Timothy Gunther, it will be necessary to put the following restrictions into effect, beginning at 9:00am on Monday, May 11:
- Main Street from Hamilton Street to Columbus Drive (Arterial) will be closed to vehicular traffic.
- Market Street from Church Street (East Arterial) to Main Street to Mill Street (West Arterial) will be closed to traffic.
- Columbus Drive between Main Street and Mill Street (West Arterial) will be closed to traffic.
Parking will be banned in those areas. This area will remain closed to vehicular traffic until the attendees have been cleared from the area. The public should plan on this until approximately 12:00pm, though certain areas may open earlier depending on crowd size.
The bus terminal on Columbus Drive will be closed to all traffic from 9:00am to 1:00pm. All buses (both County and City) will be operating from Market Street between Church Street and Cannon Street.
Attending fire departments are requested not to send fire apparatus to the service unless they have been already designated to be part of the service.
Parking for attendees is available in the Pine Street lot (36 Pine Street for GPS-Pine St. entrance). This lot runs between and Pine Street and Laurel Street next to Rinaldi Blvd. Shuttle buses will be available to transport attendees to the Civic Center site.
The Financial Deck main entrance will be closed during this period and anyone who normally parks there will also need to access it form the Garden Street entrance.
Lastly, the Access Road on the south side of the Financial Plaza Deck, which runs between the Bus Terminal and Garden Street, will also be blocked off. Any media needing space for a larger vehicle will be directed to stage in this area.
The wake for Firefighter Timothy Gunther will be held at McHoul’s Funeral Home, Rte. 82 Hopewell Junction, on Saturday, May 9, 2015 from 2:00pm to 7:00pm. Uniform of the day is Class A. Black badge band and white gloves are required. Retirees are also welcome to wear their Class A’s.
A full Line of Duty Death funeral service will be held at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center, 14 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York, on Monday, May 11, 2015 at approximately 10:00am. Uniform of the day is Class A. Black badge band and white gloves required. Retirees are also welcome to wear their Class A’s.
It is recommended that firefighters begin assembling no later than 9:00 AM in front of the Mid-Hudson Civic Center.
Transportation & Parking for Service
Parking is available in the parking lot across from Shadows Restaurant on Rinaldi Blvd. Shuttle buses will begin running from there at approximately 8:45 AM. This parking lot can also accommodate buses. If full, an overflow lot will be available. Additional parking is available at various locations throughout the downtown area.
Any personnel who arrive by Metro-North, it is a short 4 block walk straight up Main St. to the Civic Center.
There is a limited number of free rooms available at three local hotels for any uniformed personnel who require overnight lodging. For the rooms, additional transportation needs or general questions, please contact George Cacchione, President L596 at (845) 656-3915.
A Snow Emergency has been declared beginning at 6:00pm this evening, January 26, 2015. The Snow Emergency will remain in effect until further notice. Updates on the Snow Emergency will be available on this website, all City social media and local media outlets.
Mayor John C. Tkazyik would like to take the opportunity to remind City residents and visitors about the regulations that are put into effect when a “Snow Emergency” is declared.
Due to the severity of the storm, City Hall is closed to the public and to all non-emergency personnel on Tuesday, January 27. City Hall will reopen on Wednesday, January 28.
City Transit System
All City transit services are cancelled for Tuesday, January 27 and Wednesday, January 28. Service will resume on Thursday, January 29.
Dutchess County Dial-a-Ride is cancelled for Tuesday, January 27. For more information, please visit the Dial-a-Ride website
Sanitation & Recycling
Sanitation and recycling collection is cancelled for Tuesday, January 27 and Wednesday, January 28. Sanitation and recycling collection will resume on Thursday, January 29.
Residents and business owners must clear sidewalks in front of and adjacent to their residences and businesses, as required by the City ordinance. Placing snow into any roadway is a violation of the City of Poughkeepsie Code of Ordinances. Please comply with all parking regulations for your street.
Clearing Snow from Hydrants
When shoveling your driveway and sidewalk, please remove the snow from around any fire hydrant common to your home or property. Clearing the snow around the hydrant and shoveling a path to it from the street will give the Fire Department the access that they need.
Under the Codes of the City of Poughkeepsie there is a responsibility of the owner/lessee of property fronting a hydrant to maintain the area clear around the hydrant. Failure to clear and keep clear a hydrant may result in a $100 fine or more.
Snow Emergency Routes
During a “Snow Emergency,” vehicles are required to be removed from streets that are designated as a snow emergency route. The City is also encouraging those who do not live along a snow emergency route to relocate their vehicles to City Municipal lots during the storm to facilitate clean-up. Vehicles that are legally registered, inspected, and insured may be parked in a City of Poughkeepsie municipal parking lot that is open to the public, free of charge, during a declared snow emergency. Vehicles that are parked on snow emergency routes during a declared snow emergency are subject to ticketing, towing, or impounding at the vehicle owner’s expense. If your vehicle is towed, an impound fee must be paid prior to it being released. Instructions for release can be obtained by calling the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department at (845) 451-4000. Vehicles should not be parked on snow emergency routes until the snow emergency is cancelled. Snow emergency routes can be found below. Please check the website for updates throughout the storm.
Designated Snow Emergency Routes:
- Mill Street from Civic Center Plaza to Dongan Square Park
- Academy Street from Main Street to North-South Arterial Highway
- Beechwood Avenue from Ferris Lane to City line
- South Cherry Street from Main Street to Hooker Avenue
- Civic Center Plaza from Mansion Street to Main Street
- North Clinton Street from Mansion Street to Route 44/55, westbound
- Columbia Street from North-South Arterial Highway to Lincoln Avenue
- North Clover Street from Mill Street to Main Street
- South Clover Street from Main Street to Union Street
- Ferris Lane from Hooker Avenue to Beechwood Avenue
- Grand Avenue from City line at Main Street to Hooker Avenue
- North Hamilton Street from Parker Avenue to Main Street
- South Hamilton Street from Main Street to Livingston Street
- Hooker Avenue from South Hamilton Street to City line
- Jefferson Street, Route 44/55 to Lincoln Avenue
- Lincoln Avenue from Montgomery Street to Livingston Street
- Main Street from Hudson River to City line at Grand Avenue
- Mansion Street from Smith Street to North Clinton Street
- Market Street from Main Street to Montgomery Street
- Montgomery Street from Lincoln Avenue to South Hamilton Street
- Parker Avenue from Washington Street to City line
- Reade Place from South Avenue to Young Street
- Smith Street from City line to Clinton Square
- South Avenue from Montgomery Street to North-South Arterial Highway
- Washington Street from City line to Main Street
- Wilbur Boulevard from Hooker Avenue to City line