In observance of Independence Day (Friday, July 4, 2014), the following services will be closed or suspended:
- City Hall & City Court: Closed Friday, July 4. Reopens Monday, July 7.
- Transfer Station: Closed Friday, July 4 & Saturday July 5. Reopens Monday, July 7.
- Bus Service: Suspended. Service resumes Saturday, July 5.
- Sanitation: No garbage or recycling pickup on Friday, July 4. Service resumes Monday, July 7, as scheduled.
The City of Poughkeepsie will host the annual Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular on Friday, July 4th at dusk (approx. 9:20pm). The best places to view the show are from Waryas Park (free), The Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum (tickets required), or the Walkway Over the Hudson (tickets required).
Waryas Park will be closed to vehicles beginning at 2pm on Friday, July 4th.
Free parking is available in all municipal lots during the event. On-street metered parking is free after 6pm. Handicap parking is available in the small lot on Main Street, adjacent to Waryas Park and River Station.
Rain Date: Saturday, July 5, 2014
In observance of Independence Day, the following services will be closed or suspended on July 4th:
- City Hall: Closed
- Transfer Station: Closed
- Bus Service: Suspended – Service resumes Friday morning (July 5th)
- Sanitation: No Garbage or Recycling Pickup