Charter Review Commission Meeting – August 30, 2016
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Charter Review Commission of the City of Poughkeepsie, will meet hold a meeting on Tuesday, August 30 2016 at 6:15 p.m. in the Common Council Chambers, 3rd Floor, City Hall/Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York. Followed by a Public Hearing between 7:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. at which time the Commission will entertain comments and questions from members of the public concerning the proposed changes to the City of Poughkeepsie Charter. A three-minute limit for each speaker will apply as usual to allow time for all who may wish to be heard, but members of the public may also submit comments of any length in writing for consideration by the Commission. The public is encouraged to read the text changes being proposed for the charter as posted on the website.
- Adopt minutes of August 10th meeting,
- Adopt minutes of July 25th Public Hearing,
- Discuss and vote on question of whether the proposed Charter (4th Revised Charter is attached) should provide that the 120 day residency requirement that we will apply to the City Administrator (a) should also be applied in the Charter to the Department Heads, or alternatively (b) should be left to the administrative code, as is the case in the current charter. (See Section 3.11),
- Discuss and vote on question of whether the Council Chair should (a) be empowered but not required to form a finance committee, or (b) be required to form a finance committee. (In either case, a majority of the common council may also form committees.) (See Section 2.06),
- Discuss any other text changes to the 4th Revised Charter as may be proposed by members of the Commission,
- Adjourn at or near 7:00 PM so that we may begin the Public Hearing,
- Conduct Public Hearing from 7:00 to 8:00 PM.