City Chamberlain

News & Announcements

Salary Review Commission Seeks Member

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the City of Poughkeepsie Salary Review Commission is seeking a member to serve on the City of Poughkeepsie Salary Review Commission. Please send letters of interest and resumes to Deanne L. Flynn, City Chamberlain to City Hall, Office of the City Chamberlain, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie,
Read More »

Common Council 2018 Training Series

City of Poughkeepsie Common Council 2018 Training Series All training sessions will be in City Hall Chambers and are open to the public. Friday, June 22nd 9:00-11:00 a.m.      Overview of the City of Poughkeepsie Charter and Laws The Benjamin Center, SUNY New Paltz This workshop will provide an overview of
Read More »

More news»

Taxi Ordinance & Vehicle for Hire – Adopted Amendments

Adopted amendments to the Taxi Ordinance, including regulating “For Hire”, also known as “Livery” vehicles to be licensed with the City and the Town of Poughkeepsie.

Download: Taxi & Vehicle for Hire Ordinance – Adopted Amendments (.pdf)

The City Chamberlain is the main switchboard for:

Amusement Permits Handicap Permits Schedule various meetings
and legal notices
Auction Permits Hawking/Peddling Permits Taxi Cab Driver Complaints
Bingo/Games of Chance/
Bell Jar Licenses
Liquor License requests Taxi Cab Permits
Charter and Code updates Marriage Affidavits/Licenses Taxi Driver Licenses
City Offices Marriage Officer
City Official Appointments Marriage Transcripts
Coin Machine Operator Permits Minutes of all meetings scheduled
by the Common Council and Mayor
Dog Licenses Notices of Claims
Dog Redemption Pawn Broker Permits
File Local Laws with State Secretary Police Department Complaints
Freedom of Information Requests Reservations for
Common Council Chambers
Going Out of Business Sale Permits Sales of Documents
(zoning book/map, draft plans, etc.)

Contact the Office of Vital Statistics for information about:

  • Birth Amendments
  • Birth Certificates
  • Burial Permits for Funeral Homes
  • Death Amendments
  • Death Certificates
  • Genealogical Searches for Birth, Death, and Marriage Records
  • New Births
  • Paternity Acknowledgments