Common Council Meeting – March 6, 2017
The Common Council will meet on Monday, March 6, 2017, at 6:30 pm in the Council Chambers, Third Floor, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York. Parking is available under City Hall. Enter the parking garage from the westbound arterial highway. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk, at (845) 451-4225.
All Common Council meetings are webcast live and broadcast on Verizon Fios 39 and Time Warner Cable 23. Once completed, the meetings are archived on the webcasting site for later viewing.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of Monday, February 6, 2017
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda items.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM CHAIRWOMAN CHERRY, Resolution R17-16, supporting a grant application by Poughkeepsie Farm Project to the New York State DEC.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Resolution R17-17, approving 55 Noxon Street, The Barrett Arts Center as an historic landmark.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR MCDONNELL, Resolution R17-18, approving the Dutchess County multi-jurisdictional hazard mitigation plan.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER MCNAMARA, Resolution R17-19, supporting a grant application with the Benjamin Center of New Paltz.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER KLEIN, Ordinance O17-1, amending the Motor Vehicle and Traffic code to provide for a yield sign at the intersection of Osbourne and Barnard Avenue.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER YOUNG, Ordinance O17-2, approving proposed amendments to the Historic Preservation Commission Ordinance.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE NELSON, a communication regarding an authorization of a budget transfer to provide for the implementation of the PBA contract.
- FROM STEVEN M. MELLEY, PLLC, FRANCIS MARTINEZ, a notice of personal injury sustained by IRMA MARTINEZ, Individually and on Behalf of STEPHANIE CESILIA MARTINEZ, an infant on December 12, 2016.
- FROM VERIZON, a notice or property damage sustained on February 9, 2017.
- FROM MARINNE MARIOLES, a notice of property damage sustained on February 11, 2017.
- FROM CHERY FLAX-DAVIDSON, a notice of property damage sustained on December 1, 2016.
- FROM HONORIO RODRIGUEZ Restaurant owner of “EL BRACERO” located at 581 Main Street, a notice of intent to renew their Liquor License.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: