Common Council Meeting – March 20, 2017
The Common Council will meet on Monday, March 20, 2017, at 6:30 pm in the Council Chambers, Third Floor, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York. Parking is available under City Hall. Enter the parking garage from the westbound arterial highway. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk, at (845) 451-4225.
All Common Council meetings are webcast live and broadcast on Verizon Fios 39 and Time Warner Cable 23. Once completed, the meetings are archived on the webcasting site for later viewing.
6:00 pm – Special Informational Meeting
6:30 pm – Common Council Meeting
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda items.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- Presentation of awards to the City of Poughkeepsie Basketball Team
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM COUNCILMAN YOUNG, Resolution R17-21, approving amendments to the Rules of Conduct and Procedure of the Common Council.
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE NELSON, Resolution R17-22, approving an amendment to the Purchasing Policy.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, a communication regarding amendments to the Administrative Code with regard to the Charter amendments.
- FROM GLADYS L. BOONE, a notice of property damage sustained on February 13, 2017.
- FROM MAGGIE P. STREIT, a notice of personal injury sustained on December 20, 2016.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: