Common Council Meeting – April 19, 2017
The Common Council will meet on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 6:30 pm in the Council Chambers, Third Floor, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York. Parking is available under City Hall. Enter the parking garage from the westbound arterial highway. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk, at (845) 451-4225.
All Common Council meetings are webcast live and broadcast on Verizon Fios 39 and Time Warner Cable 23. Once completed, the meetings are archived on the webcasting site for later viewing.
6:00pm – Public Hearing for the purpose of receiving comments on proposed Local Law permitting the city to lien insurance proceeds subsequent to a fire.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of March 6, 2017
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda items.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM CHAIRWOMAN CHERRY, Resolution R17-28, amending the 2017 Budget to fund the bus operations through December 2017.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR MCDONNELL, Resolution R17-27, accepting a LGE grant for the bus integration.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Ordinance O-17-3, approving amendments to Chapter 18 in the Code of Ordinances, entitled “TAXICABS”.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM LAURIE SANDOW, a communication with regard to Earth Day.
- FROM THE JAMES FIRM, a notice of intent for the Palace Diner, located at 194 Washington Street to renew their liquor license.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Ordinance O-17-4, approving amendments to Chapter 15 in the Code of Ordinance entitled “Street, Sidewalks and Public Places”, regarding the posting of signs and posters on city light poles.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: