Common Council Meeting – May 15, 2017
The Common Council will meet on Monday, May 15, 2017 at 6:30 pm in the Council Chambers, Third Floor, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York. Parking is available under City Hall. Enter the parking garage from the westbound arterial highway. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk, at (845) 451-4225.
All Common Council meetings are webcast live and broadcast on Verizon Fios 39 and Time Warner Cable 23. Once completed, the meetings are archived on the webcasting site for later viewing.
5:30 p.m. Public Hearing regarding proposed amendments to the Administrative Code with regard to the Charter amendments
6:00 p.m. Public Hearing with regard to rescinding the Municipal Tax Code 4585-a
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of April 3, 2017
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda items.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM CHAIRWOMAN CHERRY AND COUNCILMEMBER YOUNG, Resolution R17-33, approving a Resolution designating the City of Poughkeepsie a “Safe City”.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER PETSAS, Resolution R17-34, overriding the Mayoral veto of R17-28, “amending the 2017 Budget to fund the bus operation through December 2017”.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Resolution R17-35, requesting a Municipal Home Rule for College Hill water tank.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Resolution R17-36, accepting an elected official’s time sheet.
- FROM CHAIRWOMAN CHERRY, Resolution R17-37, approving an appointment to the Arts Commission.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- A PRESENTATION FROM THE TRANSPORTATION COMMITTEE.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, a communication regarding proposed sale of city owned properties.
- FROM PAUL WINNIS, a notice of property damage sustained on February 21, 2017.
- FROM JOSEPH VERDERAME, a notice of property damage sustained on March 2, 2017
- FROM LORENZO L. ANGELINO, ESQ, a notice of intent for Milo’s Catina, located at 206 Main Street to obtain a Liquor License.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: