Common Council Meeting – June 5, 2017
The Common Council will meet on Monday, June 5, 2017 at 6:30 pm in the Council Chambers, Third Floor, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York. Parking is available under City Hall. Enter the parking garage from the westbound arterial highway. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk, at (845) 451-4225.
All Common Council meetings are webcast live and broadcast on Verizon Fios 39 and Time Warner Cable 23. Once completed, the meetings are archived on the webcasting site for later viewing.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda items.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM POLICE CHIEF PAPE, Resolution R17-38, accepting a grant from the New York State Department of Criminal Justice Services.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER YOUNG AND CHAIRWOMAN CHERRY, Resolution R17-33, approving a Resolution designating the City of Poughkeepsie a “Safe City”.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Resolution R17-39, approving a Municipal Home Rule request for new reservoir at College Hill.
- FROM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR HESSE, Resolution R17-40, introduction of a zoning amendment for the rezoning of Industrial Properties in the Waterfront.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER KLEIN AND COUNCILMEMBER YOUNG, Resolution R17-41, approving Corrective Action Plan for the 2017 budget review.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Local Law LL-17-2, approving a Local law permitting the city to lien insurance proceeds subsequent to a fire.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Local Law LL-17-3, approving amendments to the Administrative Code with regard to Charter amendments.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Local Law LL-17-4, rescinding the Municipal Tax Code 485a.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE NELSON, a communication regarding Capital Asset Policy Statement.
- FROM PETER MCGINNIS, a notice of property damage sustained by The Potter House, located at 54 Noxon Street.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: