Common Council Meeting – June 19, 2017
The Common Council will meet on Monday, June 19, 2017 at 6:30 pm in the Council Chambers, Third Floor, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York. Parking is available under City Hall. Enter the parking garage from the westbound arterial highway. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk, at (845) 451-4225.
All Common Council meetings are webcast live and broadcast on Verizon Fios 39 and Time Warner Cable 23. Once completed, the meetings are archived on the webcasting site for later viewing.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of Monday, April 19, 2017
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda items.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER YOUNG AND CHAIRWOMAN CHERRY, Resolution R17-33, approving a Resolution designating the City of Poughkeepsie a “Safe City”.
- FROM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR HESSE, Resolution R17-40, introduction of a zoning amendment for the rezoning of Industrial Properties in the Waterfront.
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE NELSON, Resolution R17-42, approving the Capital Asset Policy Statement.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Ordinance O-17-5, amending the penalty provision for building code violations.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Local Law LL-17-3, approving amendments to the Administrative Code with regard to Charter.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM BRIAN DOYLE, a presentation on “SNUG”.
- FROM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR HESSE, a communication regarding CFA grant application.
- FROM DESMOND MURRAY, a notice of property damage sustained on May 30, 2017
- FROM EUGENE AND CAROL SARDO, a notice of property damage sustained on March 14, 2017.
- FROM ELENA COLLINS, a notice of property damage sustained on March 15, 2017.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: