Common Council Meeting – August 28, 2017
The Common Council will meet on Monday, August 28, 2017 at 6:30 pm in the Council Chambers, Third Floor, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York. Parking is available under City Hall. Enter the parking garage from the westbound arterial highway. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk, at (845) 451-4225.
All Common Council meetings are webcast live and broadcast on Verizon Fios 39 and Time Warner Cable 23. Once completed, the meetings are archived on the webcasting site for later viewing.
From Commissioner of Finance Nelson, a communication regarding the budgetary impact of the Federal recapture of transit assets
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda items.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, SEQRA Resolution R17-54 and Sale Resolution R17-55 for city owned properties.
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE NELSON, Resolution R17-56, directing Commissioner of Finance to negotiate a plan to dispose of transit assets.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- FROM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR HESSE, Ordinance O-17-6, approving amendments to the zoning code for Northern Waterfront Properties.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE NELSON, a communication regarding the 2018-2022 Capital Action Plan.
- DONALD FELIX, a notice of property damage sustained.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: