Common Council Meeting – September 5, 2017
The Common Council will meet on Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 6:30 pm in the Council Chambers, Third Floor, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York. Parking is available under City Hall. Enter the parking garage from the westbound arterial highway. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk, at (845) 451-4225.
All Common Council meetings are webcast live and broadcast on Verizon Fios 39 and Time Warner Cable 23. Once completed, the meetings are archived on the webcasting site for later viewing.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda items.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, SEQRA Resolution R17-54 and Sale Resolution R17-55 for city owned properties.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Resolution R17-57, setting a public hearing for the proposed designation of Springside Landscape as a local historic landmark.
- FROM ACTING CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, Resolution R17-58, approving the expansion of the JFIRE program.
- FROM ACTING CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, Resolution R17-59, setting a public hearing for the proposed 2018-2022 Capital Plan.
- FROM ACTING CITY ADMINISTRATOR, Resolution R17-60, authorizing the Commissioner of Finance to liquidate all transit assets, which no longer are used in transit.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM ALEGRA BRISTOW, a notice of property damage sustained on August 28, 2017.
- FROM TRAVELERS PROPERTY CAUSALITY OF AMERICA A/S/O GLORIA FELDHEIM, a notice of property damage sustained on June 30, 2017.
- FROM THOMAS AND DONNA PARISE, a notice of property damage sustained on July 13, 2017.
- FROM LINDA SUSAN WAY, a notice of property sustained on August 26, 2016.
- FROM AKARI SUSHI & JAPANESE FOOD, INC., located at 35 Main Street, a notice of intent to renew their liquor license.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: