Common Council Meeting – October 16, 2017
The Common Council will meet on Monday, October 16, 2017 at 6:30 pm in the Council Chambers, Third Floor, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York. Parking is available under City Hall. Enter the parking garage from the westbound arterial highway. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk, at (845) 451-4225.
All Common Council meetings are webcast live and broadcast* on Verizon Fios 39 and Time Warner Cable 23. Once completed, the meetings are archived on the webcasting site for later viewing.
*Note: Access to the City PEG channels is temporarily unavailable (Fios 39, TWC/Spectrum 23). The equipment used to control the PEG channels has been in a non-functioning state since the power outage that took place in and near City Hall on Monday, October 9, 2017. We are working with the device manufacturer to repair the equipment and restore the television channels as quickly as possible. During this time, all meetings in the Council Chambers will continue to be webcast live and archived for later viewing. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your patience while we work through this issue.
6:15 p.m. Public Hearing regarding the proposed Local Law LL17-5, “Prohibiting Aggressive Panhandling”.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of August 28, 2017
- Common Council Meeting of September 5, 2017
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda items.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE NELSON, Resolution R17-68, approving the adoption of a Formal Debt Management Policy for the City of Poughkeepsie
- FROM MAYOR ROLISON, Resolution R17-69, approving the appointment of Marc Nelson as City Administrator.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, Resolution R17-70, introduction of Local Law, amending Administrative Code for the authorization of appearance tickets.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, a communication regarding the extension of the “Cold War Tax Exemption”.
- FROM ROTANYA COOPER, a notice of property damage sustained on August 11, 2017.
- FROM VERIZON, a notice of property damage sustained on September 15, 2017.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: