Common Council Meeting – November 6, 2017
The Common Council will meet on Monday, November 6, 2017 at 6:30 pm in the Council Chambers, Third Floor, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York. Parking is available under City Hall. Enter the parking garage from the westbound arterial highway. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk, at (845) 451-4225.
All Common Council meetings are webcast live and broadcast on Verizon Fios 39 and Time Warner Cable 23. Once completed, the meetings are archived on the webcasting site for later viewing.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of September 18, 2017
- Common Council Meeting of October 2, 2017
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda items.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE BRADY, Resolution R17-72, approving a bond resolution for the purchase of a sanitation garbage truck.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Resolution R17-72, approving the extension of the Cold War Tax Exemption.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM CATHERINE I. ROGER, a notice of personal injury sustained.
- FROM CONSUELO YANEZ, a notice of property damage sustained September 22, 2017.
- FROM HOWARD C. BENEWAY, a notice of property damage sustained on July 24, 2017.
- FROM BRENDA GRAVES, a notice of personal injury sustained on August 16, 2017.
- FROM MICHELLE TANG, ESQ., a notice of personal injury sustained by Michael Jenkins on September 19, 2017.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: