Common Council Meeting – December 4, 2017
The Common Council will meet on December 4, 2017 at 6:30 pm in the Council Chambers, Third Floor, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York. Parking is available under City Hall. Enter the parking garage from the westbound arterial highway. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk, at (845) 451-4225.
All Common Council meetings are webcast live and broadcast on Verizon Fios 39 and Time Warner Cable 23. Once completed, the meetings are archived on the webcasting site for later viewing.
5:30pm – Common Council Public Hearing – Proposed 2018 Budget
6:30pm – Common Council Meeting
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of November 6, 2017
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda items.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE BRADY, Resolution R17-76, approving the 2018 budget.
- FROM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR HESSE, Resolution R17-77, supporting a grant application to Restore NY.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Resolution R17-78 approving an addendum to the Water Sale and Purchase Agreement between the Joint Water Board and the Dutchess County Water and Wastewater Authority.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM ANNE FINNEY, a communication regarding a correspondence sent to the FTA.
- FROM KIERA TAYLOR, a notice of personal injury sustained on August 17, 2017.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: