Common Council Meeting – December 18, 2017
The Common Council will meet on December 18, 2017 at 6:30 pm in the Council Chambers, Third Floor, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York. Parking is available under City Hall. Enter the parking garage from the westbound arterial highway. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk, at (845) 451-4225.
All Common Council meetings are webcast live and broadcast on Verizon Fios 39 and Time Warner Cable 23. Once completed, the meetings are archived on the webcasting site for later viewing.
- ROLL CALL
- Introduction of MoNahjae Dickens and Emani Ferzan as honorary Councilmembers.
- From Councilmember Klein: A presentation of an award to Bascom Durham.
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of November 20, 2017
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- Transportation Presentation given by John Andoh from Dutchess County Transportation.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda items.
- MAYOR’S AND CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATION:
- FROM COUNCILMEMBERS MONAHJAE DICKENS AND EMANI FERZAN, Resolution R17-80, memorializing a unity resolution.
- Presentation to outgoing Councilmembers:
- Councilmember Mike Young
- Councilmember Lee David Klein
- Councilmember Ann Perry
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, Resolution R17-81, amending the license agreement with the Ice House to provide for full liquor license.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER PERRY and COUNCILMEMBER MCNAMARA, Resolution R17-82, requiring enforcement of the numbering of properties.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, Resolution R17-83, approving a budget transfer to the 2017 budget.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, a communication regarding parking.
- FROM JOHN BERARDI, a notice of property damage sustained on November 14, 2017.
- FROM LAW OFFICE OF FIRAS E. NESHEIWAT, a notice of intent for Wall & Bro Management Corp d/b/a Craft 302 Restaurant, located at 302 Main Street to obtain a Liquor License.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: