Common Council Meeting – January 29, 2018
NOTICE OF RESCHEDULED MEETING
OF THE COMMON COUNCIL
Monday, January 29, 2018
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Common Council of the City of Poughkeepsie, pursuant to Section 2.05 of the City Charter will hold a Common Council Meeting on Monday, January 29, 2018 6:00 p.m., in the Common Council Chambers, Third Floor, City Hall/Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York, in order to hold a Council Meeting previously scheduled on January 16, 2018.
All Common Council meetings are webcast live and broadcast on Verizon Fios 39 and Spectrum 23. Once completed, the meetings are archived on the webcasting site for later viewing.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of December 4, 2017
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM FINANCE COMMISSIONER BRADY, Resolution R18-09 approving an amendment to the 2018 budget to fund Sergeant-at-arms and furniture expenses.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, Resolution R18-10 setting a public hearing correcting titles of parking employees authorized to issue appearance tickets in City Court.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER MCNAMARA, Resolution R18-11, approving an appointment to the Art’s Commission.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, Ordinance O-18-3, adding a stop sign at Mansion and Civic Center Plaza.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM SCHONBERG LAW OFFICES, a notice of personal injuries and property injuries sustained by Echole Yager on December 20, 2017.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: