Common Council Meeting – February 5, 2018
The Common Council will meet on February 5, 2018 at 6:30 pm in the Council Chambers, Third Floor, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, New York. Parking is available under City Hall. Enter the parking garage from the westbound arterial highway. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk, at (845) 451-4225.
All Common Council meetings are webcast live and broadcast on Verizon Fios 39 and Spectrum 23. Once completed, the meetings are archived on the webcasting site for later viewing.
6:00 p.m. Public Hearing regarding the authorization to issue appearance tickets
6:15 p.m. Presentation by Hudson River Housing and Habitat for Humanity Dutchess County regarding The Rebuilding Together Program
6:30 p.m. Common Council Meeting
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of December 18, 2017
- Re-Organizational Meeting of January 2, 2018
- Common Council Meeting of January 2, 2018
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER MCNAMARA, Resolution R18-16, requesting that New York State implement protective measures for potential anchorage sites.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, Ordinance O-18-03, adding a stop sign at Mansion and Civic Center Plaza.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM JOHN HEARD, a notice of property damage sustained on January 17, 2018.
- FROM GLEN F. KUBISTA & ASSOCIATES, a notice of intent for FARMERS & CHEFS, LLC, located at 40 Albany Street to obtain a Liquor License.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: