Common Council Meeting – February 20, 2018
The Common Council will meet on February 20, 2018 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of January 29, 2018
- Common Council Meeting of February 5, 2018
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person, up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda items.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Resolution R18-17, setting a public hearing for proposed Local Law for the abandonment of a paper street on Dutchess Avenue.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER FLOWERS, Resolution R18-18, approving an Inter-Municipal Agreement with the Poughkeepsie City School District for the Student Athletic Basketball Program.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER SALEM, Resolution R18-19, setting a public hearing and introducing proposed Local Law to allow for the establishment of a Community Choice Aggregation Program.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, Local Law LL-18-01, correcting titles of parking employees authorized to issue appearance tickets in City Court.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM PATRICK GARTLAND, a communication regarding McCann-Caven’s proposed rate increase for 2018.
- FROM GLENN WEINBERG, JOULE, DIRECTOR, CHARLOTTE BURNS, JOULE, DIRECTOR, JEFFREY DOMANSKI, IBTS, SENIOR MANAGER, AND VICTOR-PIERRE MELENDEZ, IBTS, PROGRAM DIRECTOR, a presentation regarding a Community Choice Aggregation (ENERGY) Program.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, a communication regarding a proposed Stop Sign on Mansion and Civic Center Plaza.
- FROM PATRICK FITZGERALD, a notice of intent for My Place Pizza, located at 322 Main Street to amend their Liquor License.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS