Common Council Meeting – March 5, 2018
The Common Council will meet on March 5, 2018 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
- 6:00 p.m. – Public Hearing regarding the proposed abandonment of a paper street on Dutchess Avenue
- 6:15 p.m. – Public Hearing regarding the proposed Local Law for the establishment of a Community Choice Aggregation Program
- 6:30 p.m. – Special Meeting of the Board of the Poughkeepsie Urban Renewal Agency
Common Council Agenda
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of February 20, 2018
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, Resolution R18-20, approving an increase in rates for McCann-Caven Golf Courses, Inc.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE BRADY, a communication regarding financing for fire equipment.
- FROM DENNIS DUNCAN, a notice of property damage sustained on January 3, 2018.
- FROM TYSHAN L. JOHNSON, a notice of intent for PURE, located at 380 Main to obtain a Liquor License.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: