Common Council Meeting – April 2, 2018
The Common Council will meet on April 2, 2018 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of March 5, 2018
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
FROM CITY PLANNER QUINN, SEQRA Resolution R18-23, and Sale R18-24, approving the property sale of 171 Union Street to Urban Green Equities II, LLC.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Resolution R18-26, approving the abandonment of a paper street on Dutchess Avenue.
FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Resolution R18-27, approving the naming of private roads for the Dutton project, located at One Dutchess Avenue.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER FLOWERS, Resolution R18-28, approving the naming of the Traffic Circle at Smith Street in honor of Petty Officer 1st Class Corey Ingram.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Ordinance O-18-2, approving amendments to Chapter 18 in the Code of Ordinances, entitled “TAXICABS”.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
*EXECUTIVE SESSION: Regarding the proposed Collective Bargaining Agreement with CSEA
- FROM RODERICK BARNES, a notice of property damage sustained on November 21, 2017.
- FROM MATTHEW CAVALIERE, a notice of property damage sustained on March 5, 2018.
- FROM KIMBERLY GOODEN, a notice of personal injury sustained on January 13, 2018.
- FROM JENNIFER HERMAN, a notice of intent to obtain a Liquor License, located at 8 North Cherry Street.
- *FROM COUNCILMEMBER SALEM, a communication regarding a proposed Resolution, calling on the New York State Legislature to pass, and the Governor to sign funded legislation in the FY 2018-19 State Budget to allow for early voting and Automatic Voter Registration in New York State.
- *FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, a communication regarding the proposed naming of private roads for the Dutton project, located at One Dutchess Avenue.
- *FROM COUNCILMEMBER BRANNEN, a communication regarding a proposed local law to provide for funding for legislative staff to support the Common Council’s ability to meet its chartered roles.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: