Common Council Meeting – April 16, 2018
The Common Council will meet on April 16, 2018 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of March 19, 2018
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, Resolution R18-25, approving the Collective Bargaining Agreement with CSEA.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER SALEM, Resolution R18-29, calling on the New York State Legislature to pass, and the Governor to sign funded legislation in the FY 2018-19 State Budget to allow for early voting and Automatic Voter Registration in New York State.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER BRANNEN, Resolution R18-30, setting a public hearing for a proposed Local Law to implement the recent City of Poughkeepsie Charter Changes and provide for legislative staff to support the Common Council’s ability to meet its chartered duties.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN, Ordinance O-18-2, approving amendments to Chapter 18 in the Code of Ordinances, entitled “TAXICABS”.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM CITY PLANNER QUINN, a communication regarding a proposed amendment to zoning code Section 19-4.9. Signs.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, a communication regarding The Washington Street Bridge at Fallkill.
- FROM CHAIRWOMAN FINNEY, a communication regarding an update on the plans for meeting(s) with regard to the lower waterfront development.
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE BRADY, a communication regarding repairs to the Financial Plaza Deck.
- FROM PROGRESSIVE CAUSALITY INSURANCE A/S/O CASTELLANOS CRECENSIO, a notice of property damage sustained on January 4, 2018.
- FROM OASIS RESTAURANT BUSINESS, a notice of intent for Union Square Tavern, located at 49 Market Street to renew its Liquor License.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: