Common Council Meeting – May 7, 2018
The Common Council will meet on May 7, 2018 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
6:00 pm – Common Council Public Hearing regarding a proposed Local Law, providing for professional staff to the Common Council to fulfill its Chartered duties and implement the 2016 City Charter Amendment
6:30 pm – Common Council Meeting
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of April 2, 2018
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- A Presentation from THE CITY OF POUGHKEEPSIE YOUTH COALITION.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R18-31, approving financing for repairs to the Financial Plaza Deck.
- Resolution R18-32, authorizing an Inter-Municipal Agreement with other municipalities for the protection of the Hudson River Estuary.
- Resolution, R18-33, accepting a grant for a fire truck.
- Resolution R18-34, approving an Inter-Municipal Agreement with the City of Poughkeepsie School District for Police Services.
- Resolution R18-35, accepting a grant from DCJS for the Gun Involved Violence Elimination (GIVE) program.
- SEQRA Resolution R1-36, and Property Sale Resolution R18-37, to Issa Nesheiwat for an unnumbered property in the Clinton Street and Smith Street Parking Lot.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance, O-18-2, approving amendments to Chapter 18 in the Code of Ordinances, entitled “TAXICABS”.
- Ordinance, O-18-3, approving a handicapped Parking Spot Amending Chapter 13 to provide for one handicapped parking space on Mansion Street between North Hamilton Street and Catherine Street.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM CASABLANCA RESTAURANT, INC., located at 2 Delafield Street, a notice of intent to obtain a Liquor License.
- FROM DANIEL HARLOW, a notice of personal injury sustained on February 6, 2018.
- FROM ANNE DE MURO, a notice of personal injury sustained on March 27, 2018.
- FROM SHONTICE HAYLETT, a notice of property damage sustained on March 10, 2018.
- FROM WILLIAM W. WILLSEY, a notice of property damage sustained on February 28, 2018.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: