Common Council Meeting – May 21, 2018
The Common Council will meet on May 21, 2018 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
6:00pm – Presentation regarding a parking study
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda
- From Senior Planner, Natalie Quinn, a Presentation regarding the Downtown Revitalization Initiative.
- A Presentation from THE CITY OF POUGHKEEPSIE YOUTH COALITION.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R18-38, approving the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Fire Department.
- Resolution R18-39, authorizing the Mayor to enter into an Agreement for the rehabilitation of the Washington Street Bridge.
- Resolution R18-40, approving the naming of private roads for the Dutton project, located at One Dutchess Avenue.
- Resolution R18-41, approving a support Resolution of the Green Light Legislation to ensure equal access to driver’s licenses for all residents of New York State.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-18-3, approving a handicapped parking spot Amending Chapter 13 to provide for one handicapped space on Mansion Street between North Hamilton and Catherine Street.
- Local Law LL-18-3, providing for professional staff to the Common Council to fulfill its Chartered duties and implement the 2016 City Charter Amendments.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER SALEM, a communication regarding Municipal ID’s.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER SALEM, a communication regarding a Conservation Advisory Council.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: