Common Council Meeting – June 18, 2018
The Common Council will meet on June 18, 2018 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of May 7, 2018
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R18-50, setting a public hearing for the proposed Local Law to establish a Municipal I.D. program in the City of Poughkeepsie.
- Resolution R18-51, setting a public hearing to address open issues and to allow for public comment regarding the Pelton Mansion.
- Resolution R18-52, approving an allocation of $750.00 from community development and improvement funds to the 4th ward block parties.
- Resolution R18-53, a municipal home rule request, amending previous authorization to sell Upper Landing.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- Executive Session- for the purpose of Collective Negotiations pursuant Article 14 of the Civil Service Law.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER CHERRY AND COUNCILMEMBER SALEM, a communication from Scenic Hudson regarding the Northside Collaborative and the Fallkill Trail.
- FROM COMMITTEE FOR COLONIAL PARK TOWNHOUSES, a notice of property damage sustained on March 7, 2018.
- FROM JOAN PORTER, a notice of property damage sustained.
- FROM MAROUKIS, INC., a notice of intent to renew a Liquor License for 105 Smith Street.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: