Common Council Meeting – July 2, 2018
The Common Council will meet on July 2, 2018 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
5:30 p.m. Presentation regarding Police Retention
6:00 p.m. Public Hearing regarding proposed Local Law to establish Municipal I.D.’s in the City of Poughkeepsie
6:30 p.m. Common Council Meeting
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of May 21, 2018
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R18-55, approving the 2018-2019 Adjusted Base Proportion.
- Resolution R18-56, approving financing for repairs to the Financial Plaza Deck.
- Resolution R18-57, for an oversight hearing: “City of Poughkeepsie Infrastructure Maintenance and Code Enforcement”.
- Resolution R18-58, support Resolution for a CFA grant.
- Resolution R18-59, support Resolution for the Fallkill Plan.
- Resolution R18-60, support Resolution for the Northside Collaborative Activities and grant application.
- Resolution R18-61, approving the extension of contract terms for Pelton Manor.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM NOVA’S ON MAIN STREET, located at 85 Main Street, a notice of intent to obtain a Liquor License.
- FROM CARRERAS & MCCALLEN, PLLC, a notice of intent for Earth’s Day Green Company d/b/a The Derby, located at 96 Main Street to obtain a Liquor License.
- FROM JAMES EVANS, a notice of property damage sustained on June 18, 2018.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: