Common Council Meeting – August 20, 2018
The Common Council will meet on August 20, 2018 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of June 4, 2018
- Common Council Meeting of June 18, 2018
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R18-65, approving a support Resolution for Hudson River Valley Greenway Grant Application to create a new trail connection at College Hill Park.
- Resolution R18-66, approving an agreement for the Sale of water to East Fishkill.
- Resolution R18-67, approving the allocation of funds from community development and improvement funds to the 1st ward for the purchase of trees and beautification, and the 6th ward for Autumn in the Park.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-18-4, amending the speed limit on Circular Drive.
- Ordinance O-18-5, approving an amendment to 13-175 of the City of Poughkeepsie Code of Ordinances entitled “STOP SIGNS; LOCATIONS DESIGNATED”, adding a Stop Sign at the corner of Milton Street and Fitchett Street.
- Ordinance O-18-6, approving amendments to Section 19-4.9 in the City Code entitled “Signs”.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, a communication regarding the proposed sale of an un-numbered vacant parcel located on North Clinton Street.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, a communication regarding the proposed sale of 117 North Hamilton Street.
- FROM NEW YORK CENTRAL MUTUAL, a notice of property damage sustained on June 18, 2018.
- FROM SAYEGH LAW, a notice of intent for Hudson House PK, Inc. located at 202 Main Street to amend their Liquor License.
- FROM CAPT’N CLIFFY’S RIVER STATION RESTAURANT AND CATERING, located at 1 North Water Street, a notice of intent to renew their Liquor License.
- FROM J.M. by M/N/G SANEKA MARTIN, a notice of personal injury sustained on April 16, 2018.
- FROM GIOVANNI ABRUSCATO, a notice of claim.
- FROM MARIE H. ST. ANGE SUCCESS, a notice of property damage sustained on June 18, 2018.
- FROM WALTER A. MANRIQUE, a notice of property damage sustained on June 18, 2018.
- FROM TODD C. BAILEY, a notice of property damage sustained on November 22, 2017.
- FROM LAW OFFICERS OF LORENZO L. ANGELINO, a notice of intent for DC Indoor Golf, located at 6 Crannell Street to renew its Liquor License.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: