Common Council Oversight Hearing – August 27, 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that pursuant to the Charter and Codes of the City of Poughkeepsie, Administrative Code, Section 2.04aa, a Common Council Oversight Hearing will be held on Monday, August 27, 2018, at 6:00 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601, for the purpose of reviewing code enforcement processes in the City of Poughkeepsie.
DATED August 21, 2018
Deanne L. Flynn
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of June 4, 2018
- Common Council Meeting of June 18, 2018
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R18-68, approving the allocation of funds from community development and improvement funds to the 3rd ward for the purpose of streetscapes and beautification, and to the 8th ward for the 8th ward block party.
- Resolution R18-69, reducing the number of members appointed to the Industrial Development Agency.
- Resolution R18-70, requesting the City’s official position with regard to an approved PILOT for Maple Street of Dutchess, LLC.
- Resolution R18-71, requesting the City Administrator prepare a formal statement regarding an outstanding UDAG loan.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-18-5, approving an amendment to §13-175 of the City of Poughkeepsie Code of Ordinances entitled “STOP SIGNS; LOCATIONS DESIGNATED”, adding a Stop Sign at the corner of Milton Street and Fitchett Street.
- Ordinance O-18-6, approving amendments to Section 19-4.9 in the City Code entitled “Signs”.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM CITY PLANNER QUINN, a communication regarding the proposed rezoning of downtown.
- FROM CITY ASSESSOR TAYLOR, a communication regarding the reinstatement of Section 485a, Assessment Deferral Program.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, a communication regarding Mayor Rolison’s Parks Initiative and Funding Needs.
- FROM LEWIS & GREER, a notice of property damage sustained by Peter Papamitoukas on June 18, 2018.
- FROM LEWIS & GREER, a notice of property damage sustained by Anthony Papamitoukas on June 18, 2018.
- FROM LEWIS & GREER, a notice of property damage sustained by PKNY, LLC, on June 18, 2018.
- FROM SPARTAN RECOVERIES, LLC, a notice of personal injury sustained by Donna Verteramo on May 29, 2018.
- FROM NATIONWIDE MUTUAL FIRE INSURANCE COMPANY C/O KELLY SLONAKER, a notice of property damage sustained on June 18, 2018.
- FROM SOBO & SOBO, a notice of personal injuries sustained by Rigoberto Avilez on June 18, 2018.
- FROM RKE ENTERPRISES, INC., a notice of intent to obtain a Liquor License for 1915 Wine Cellar, located at 40 Cannon Street.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS