Common Council Meeting – December 3, 2018
The Common Council will meet on December 3, 2018 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
6:00 p.m. Public Hearing regarding the proposed designation of 21 Academy Street as an local historic landmark
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of September 17, 2018
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R18-97, adopting the 2019 budget
- Resolution R18-98, amending the 2018 budget, increasing the Revenue and Expense line for CHIPS allocation
- Resolution R18-setting a hearing for parking lot related issues and concerns
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-18-8, approving a parking amendment to provide for a residential parking zone on Cottage Street between Bement Avenue and Smith Street.
- Ordinance O-18-9, creating a “No Parking” zone on Thursdays between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on Hudson Avenue between Howard Street and the city/town line.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE BRADY, a communication on year-end write-down of Aged Receivables.
- FROM MICHAEL SMOOT, a notice or property damage sustained on November 17, 2018.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: