Common Council Meeting – March 4, 2019
The Common Council will meet on March 4, 2019 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of December 3, 2018
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- R19-33, fixing the compensation for Common Council Members and for the Councilmember At-Large.
- R19-34, fixing the compensation for the Mayor.
- Resolution R19-35, approving a bond resolution for the Washington Street Bridge and the Garden Street Bridge.
- Resolution R19-36, declaring the Common Council’s intent to be lead agency and circulating to other involved agencies with regard to a project known as Market Street two-way conversion.
- Resolution R19-37, authorizing a settlement with the Town of Poughkeepsie regarding the joint-water project.
- Resolution R19-38, approving the allocation of funds from community development and improvement funds to the 1st ward, 2nd ward, 4th ward and 8th ward.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-19-1, approving the rezoning of 27 High Street.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE BRADY, a communication regarding the acceptance of the LSLRO grant.
- CHAIRWOMAN FINNEY, a communication regarding the proposed rezoning of 27 High Street.
- FROM KOBY TIGERSHTROM, a notice of personal injuries sustained on December 8, 2019.
- FROM CAROLYN REYNOLDS, a notice of personal injuries sustained on January 21, 2019.
- FROM ALAINA LASSITER, a notice of property damage sustained.
- FROM PAUL MANISCALCO, a notice of personal injuries sustained on November 16, 2018.
- FROM LORENZO ANGELINO, a notice of intent for Thailicious Catering, Inc., located at 138 South Avenue, to obtain a liquor license.
- FROM HAYDEE’S MARKET, located at 92 Pershing Avenue, a notice of intent to renew their liquor license.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: