Common Council Meeting – March 18, 2019
The Common Council will meet on March 18, 2019 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
6:00pm – Special Information Meeting
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of December 17, 2018
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R19-39, approving the acceptance of the LSLRP grant.
- Resolution R19-40, approving a bond resolution for the re-funding of a five series of bonds.
- Resolution R19-41, setting an oversight hearing on policing, crime, and police-community relations in the City of Poughkeepsie.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER SALEM, a communication regarding Community Choice Aggregation MOU.
- FROM DAVID T. WARSHAW, a notice of property damage sustained on January 26, 2019.
- FROM PAUL MANISCALCO, a notice of personal injuries sustained on December 6, 2018.
- FROM BOBBILYN STURGESS, a notice of personal injuries sustained on December 10, 2018.
- FROM TRACY CALABRESE, a notice of personal injuries sustained on December 10, 2018.
- FROM ANTHONY J. CUOMO, a notice of property damage sustained.
- FROM IMAD ALKHALAFAWI, a notice of property damage sustained.
- FROM STAR CHRISTIE, a notice of personal injuries sustained on February 16, 2019.
- FROM VANESSA AND JOSEPH MICELI, a notice of personal injury sustained on January 24, 2019.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: