Common Council Meeting – April 1, 2019
The Common Council will meet on April 1, 2019 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Organizational Meeting of January 2, 2019
- Special Meeting of January 2, 2019
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R19-42, approving a lease with Verizon for the lease of rooftop space at Hooker Avenue Firehouse and DPW Compound for small cell antennas.
- Resolution R19-43, entering into a MOU with Joule Assets under the CCA program.
- Resolution R19-44, scheduling a Special Meeting on Policing, Crime Reduction and Policing-Community Relations in the City of Poughkeepsie
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-19-01, approving the rezoning of 27 High Street. From I-1 (Light Industrial District to R-4 (Medium High Density Residential) District.
- Ordinance O-19-04, approving an amendment to Chapter 13 to provide for one handicapped space on Rose Street.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER PETSAS, a communication regarding the Ice House.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER PETSAS, recognizing Helen Clawson.
- FROM ANDREW COSTA, a notice of property damage sustained on March 25, 2019.
- FROM ARIANA PETERMAN, a notice of property damage sustained on February 19, 2019
- FROM SEAN P. DORRIAN, a notice of property damage sustained on March 10, 2019.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: