Common Council Meeting – April 15, 2019
The Common Council will meet on April 15, 2019 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
6:00 p.m. Special Informational Meeting
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of January 7, 2019
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R19-42, approving a lease with Verizon for the lease of rooftop space at Hooker Avenue Firehouse and DPW Compound for small cell antennas.
- Resolution R19-45, setting a public hearing for the proposed rezoning of 504-514 Main Street.
- Resolution R19-46, supporting the New York State Protect Our Courts Act.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-19-01, approving the rezoning of 27 High Street from I-1 (Light Industrial District R-4) to R-4 (High Medium Density Residential) District.
- Ordinance O-19-04, approving an amendment to Chapter 13 to provide for one handicapped space on Rose Street.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM KIM M. NORTH, a notice of personal injuries sustained on February 23, 2019.
- FROM CAITLIN RILEY, a notice of property damage sustained on February 5, 2019.
- FROM FINANCE COMMISSIONER BRADY, a communication regarding proposed capital improvement improvements at the Joint Water Plant.
- FROM CITY ADMINISTRATOR NELSON, a communication regarding sanitation charges.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER CHERRY, a communication regarding a proposed mixed income housing initiative.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: