Common Council Meeting – May 6, 2019
The Common Council will meet on May 6, 2019 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
6:00 p.m. Public Hearing regarding the proposed rezoning of 504-514 Main Street
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Presentation by Walkway Over the Hudson
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R19-48 and Resolution R19-50, approving the SEQRA resolution and bond resolution for the UV Disinfection Equipment Replacement.
- Resolution R19-51, declaring the Common Council’s intent to be lead agency for the LWRP project.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM DEPUTY CHIEF FRANCO, a communication regarding proposed changes to Section 8-7 of Chapter 8 “FIRE PREVENTION”, requiring an operating permit for public establishment
- FROM EURPOA MCGOVERN, a communication regarding Climate Smart Communities Pledge.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER PETSAS, requesting an update on the license renewal discussions with the proprietor of the Ice House.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER PETSAS, a communication regarding a proposed traffic change on Vernon Terrace to one-way.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER BRANNEN, a communication on strengthening and streamlining historic preservation policies in the City of Poughkeepsie.”
- FROM CAFÉ SWEET SPOT, INC. (located at 296 Main Street), a notice of intent to obtain a liquor license.
- FROM SAFECO, a notice of property damage sustained by Pamela Hardy, on February 9, 2019.
- FROM BROOKE JACKSON, a notice of personal injuries sustained on January 29, 2019.
- FROM JOHN DEARDEN, a notice of property damage sustained on April 14, 2019.
- FROM DOROTHY VASQUEZ, a notice of property damage sustained on February 15, 2019.
- FROM DREW GARZA, a notice of personal injury sustained on January 26, 2019.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: