Common Council Meeting – May 20, 2019
The Common Council will meet on May 20, 2019 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of January 22, 2019
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Presentation by Scenic Hudson
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R19-49, approving the bond resolution for the UV Disinfection Equipment Replacement.
- Resolution R19-51, setting a public hearing for the proposed rezoning of 504-514 Main Street.
- Resolution R19-52, declaring the Common Council’s intent to be lead agency for the proposed rezoning of 504-514 Main Street.
- Resolution R19-53, approving the adoption of a Climate Smart Communities Pledge in the City of Poughkeepsie.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-19-5, converting Vernon Terrace from two-way traffic to one-way traffic.
- Ordinance O-19-6, amending on-street parking on North Hamilton at Parker Avenue and High Street by requiring Residential Parking Permits.
- Ordinance O-19-7, amending Section 195-1 of the Motor Vehicle and Traffic schedule regarding Jewett Avenue.
- Ordinance O-19-8, amending Section 8-7 of Chapter 8 “Fire Prevention”, requiring an operating permit for public establishments.
- Ordinance O-19-9, §13-269 of Chapter 13 of the City of Poughkeepsie Code of Ordinances entitled “Motor Vehicles and Traffic” to provide for a handicapped parked spot on Winnkee Avenue.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM MARY LINGE OF HUDSON RIVER HOUSING, a presentation regarding the proposed rezoning of 504-514 Main Street.
- FROM CORPORATION COUNSEL ACKERMANN AND VERIZON WIRELESS, regarding the adoption of a municipal small cell master license agreement
- FROM PAMELA HARDY AND LANCE HARDY, a notice of damages sustained on February 8, 2019.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: