Common Council Meeting – June 3, 2019
The Common Council will meet on June 3, 2019 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of February 4, 2019
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R19-54, approving an LMA with Verizon Wireless.
- Resolution R19-55, acceptance of a grant with the NYS Environmental Facilities Corporation for improvements to the Liberty Street Parking Lot.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-19-5, converting Vernon Terrace from two-way traffic to one-way traffic.
- Ordinance O-19-6, amending on-street parking on North Hamilton at Parker Avenue and High Street by requiring Residential Parking Permits.
- Ordinance O-19-7, amending Section 195-1 of the Motor Vehicle and Traffic schedule regarding Jewett Avenue.
- Ordinance O-19-9, §13-269 of Chapter 13 of the City of Poughkeepsie Code of Ordinances entitled “Motor Vehicles and Traffic” to provide for a handicapped parked spot on Winnkee Avenue.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR HESSE, a communication regarding the Annual Consolidated Funding Application process.
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE BRADY, a communication regarding mid-year budget amendments.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER SALEM, a communication regarding the Right to Know Act.
- FROM JEANNE LANAHAN, a notice of personal injury sustained on May 13, 2019.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: