ThinkDIFFERENTLY Dash – Friday, September 6th – Traffic Notice & Parking Information
Join us Friday, Sept. 6, 5-8:30pm, at 22 Market Street, Poughkeepsie as First Friday Poughkeepsie partners with Dutchess Tourism, Inc. to present the 4th Annual ThinkDIFFERENTLY Dash. Come celebrate the phenomenon First Friday PK has become through the support of the City of Poughkeepsie and its amazing people!
The 4th Annual ThinkDIFFERENTLY Dash is a 1 mile run/walk for individuals of all abilities in the heart of the City of Poughkeepsie. It’s the perfect way to kick off the city wide First Friday street dance party – join us in the fun!
Traffic Notice & Parking Information
NOTICE: #FirstFridayPK & the #ThinkDIFFERENTLY Dash – Queen City Mile—run/walk for all abilities — will take place in #CityofPoughkeepsie Friday, 9/6/2019
- 1:30PM Market St east side lanes will close to car traffic (from Church St. to Main St.) Only one lane (westside) will be open for vehicles.
- 3:15PM – 8:30PM Market St will close completely and will remain closed till end of event
- 4:30PM The ThinkDIFFERENTLY Dash packet pick up will begin across from 22 Market Street (DMV building)
- 5:00PM First Friday begins
- 5:45PM-6:30PM Additional city street closures will occur on Main, Academy, and Cannon Streets
- 6:00PM Think DIFFERENTLY Dash and Queen City Mile start
The Think DIFFERENTLY Dash race route is as follows: Start in front of 22 Market Street. Take right on Main Street to light at Academy St. Right on Academy to Cannon St. Right on Cannon back to Market. Right unto Market St. to finish. The Think DIFFERENTLY Dash is (1) loop around and the Queen City Mile will be (2) loops around.
1:30PM-9:00PM Motorists should expect impacts in this area
Closest event parking will be in the following locations:
Liberty Street, Academy Street, Financial Lot (high rise across from Mid-Hudson Civic Center) Carpooling is encouraged.
Thank you for your cooperation.