Yard Debris Collection Begins Wednesday, March 30th
Curbside yard debris collection begins Wednesday, March 30, 2016 and runs every Wednesday through the end of April. Starting May 11th, collection will occur every other week until the end of September to accommodate the completion of abatements on the Neighborhood Stabilization Team Remediation Schedule.
Please place yard debris at the curbside no earlier than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday. The Fall schedule will be decided at a later date (depending on the weather).
For your convenience, the following is the list of dates for Curbside Yard Debris Collection:
|March 30th||April 27th||June 22nd||August 31st|
|April 6th||May 11th||July 20th*||September 14th|
|April 13th||May 25th||August 3rd||September 28th|
|April 20th||June 8th||August 17th|
*Single collection in July due to holiday
You have three choices on how to put material out for pickup:
- Place it in a biodegradable paper bag (do not use plastic) ; or,
- Place it in a clean garbage can (no trash material in it) ; or,
- If it is brush and branches, simply tie and bundle it.
All of the methods listed above require that the material be no longer than three feet so that it will fit in the City truck.
Allowable Storage Containers
- Biodegradable bags
- Trash cans (no refuse in cans)
- Grass clippings
- Garden and yard debris
- Twigs and branches
- Trimmings and brush less than two inches in diameter and no longer than three feet long
Setting Out & Returning Containers
- Trimmings and brush may be tied into manageable bundles.
- Bundled brush should be placed by the curb and neatly piled in one direction.
- Cans or materials are to be placed curbside no earlier than 5:00 p.m. on the night before scheduled pickup.
- After pickup, cans are to be returned to the rear of the residence no later than 6:00 a.m. the morning after refuse is collected.
Loose Leaves/Fall Season
- Vacuum truck service begins in November as posted on the website (or call Transfer Station).
- Place leaves at curb only after your street has been posted.
- Do not place leaves in gutter lines in the street as this will cause flooding when it rains.