Bulk Service Program
The Bulk Service Program is an opportunity for City residents who pay the sanitation user fee to drop off household bulk items at the Transfer Station at no cost, some exceptions do apply, please see bulk drop off guidelines. The program is available during regular Transfer Station hours of operation. The program runs twice a year, May and September, and curbside pick-up is available for a nominal fee.
2019 Bulk Drop-off Dates:
- Monday, May 13, 2019 – Saturday, May 18, 2019.
- Monday, September 16, 2019 – Saturday, September 21, 2019.
Bulk drop-off guidelines:
- Open to all City residents who pay the sanitation user fee.
- No tipping fee for bulk items.
- One pick-up truck load per City address (4’x8’ truck bed with no sidewalls).
- Photo ID and proof of residency required (utility bill, cable bill or telephone bill).
- Resident must accompany the bulk.
- Prohibited items: Construction debris, yard debris, propane tanks, recyclables and hazardous waste. A fee of $15.00 will be charged to dispose of hazardous household waste items such as: air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, appliances, anything which contains Freon. Also, there is a $5.00 disposal fee for each tire.
Curbside pick-up guidelines:
- Curbside pick-up will be on Wednesday May 15, 2019, and Wednesday September 18, 2019, by appointment only. Please call DPW dispatch at 845-451-4111 to schedule an appointment.
- Curbside pick-up fee is $35.00.
- Fee is waived for disabled residents and residents 65 years and older.
- Five bulk item maximum per address.
Please note: Residents are ONLY allowed one bulk service per year!