The Department of Public Works will begin collecting loose leaves from the curb beginning Monday, November 6th, 2017. The loose leaf vacuum truck will enter each City ward for the collection of loose leaves as scheduled below. After December 1st, 2017, leaf crews will concentrate in City wards with higher tree populations. Loose leaf collection in City parks will begin once all City streets are visited by the vacuum truck. Weather permitting, DPW plans to end the loose leaf collection on December 29th, 2017.
Please have loose leaves raked out to the curb beginning November 2nd, 2017 and ending on the dates listed below. The last day for raking leaves to the curb for vacuum truck service is as follows:
- NOVEMBER 6, MONDAY….1st Ward & 2nd Ward
- NOVEMBER 13, MONDAY….3rd Ward & 5th Ward
- NOVEMBER 20, MONDAY….6th Ward & 7th Ward
- NOVEMBER 27, MONDAY… 4th Ward & 8th Ward
For the month of October and after the above listed dates, residents should place their loose leaves and brush in paper yard debris bags or trash containers (free of garbage) for collection. DPW will have a separate truck collecting leaves in paper yard debris bags placed at the curb every Wednesday of the week beginning November 6th, 2017, ending December 27th, 2017.
LEAF SEASON REMINDERS:
- Please rake leaf piles to the curb or at the end of the pavement. DO NOT PLACE LOOSE LEAVES IN THE STREET. KEEP ALL STORM DRAINS FREE OF LOOSE LEAVES.
- Hired landscapers should be aware of the above end dates for leaf piles and that the city has an ordinance prohibiting the blowing and/or piling of leaves in the street.
- When loose leaves and yard debris are bagged, only biodegradable paper bags must be used. NO PLASTIC.
- If you have any questions, please call Public Works during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, between 8 AM – 4PM at 845-451-4111.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND COOPERATION