Southern Waterfront Redevelopment Task Force
On April 5, 2021, the Common Council appointed a group of 11 people to the Southern Waterfront Redevelopment Task Force. This task force has been appointed to make recommendations to the council and city administration regarding public access improvements and other redevelopment guidelines for the former DeLaval site. We will have only 90 days to review documents, receive public comment, and gather other information to make these recommendations. All of the meetings will be public and by Zoom.
The Southern Waterfront Redevelopment Task Force welcomes public comment at our meetings and believes public engagement will be critical to fostering a welcoming and accessible waterfront for all to enjoy. Anyone wishing to comment at the meeting may raise their hand to speak during the public comment portion of the meeting and will have up to four minutes to speak.
We encourage people wishing to speak to send written comments ahead of time or after the meeting to the City Chamberlain at JDavis@cityofpoughkeepsie.com for inclusion in the meeting minutes. All meetings will be recorded and available afterward on the city’s website.
For any questions, please contact the City Chamberlain at JDavis@cityofpoughkeepsie.com. Thank you for your interest in the southern waterfront.
Task Force Memo
- Background for Task Force Evaluation of Delaval Site Memo revised on April 22
- City Administrator Nelson's Letter to Councilmember Salem RE: memo
- Powerpoint Presentation on History and Background of Delaval site
- Exhibit A - 2001 RFP
- Exhibit B - 2001 JM proposal part 1
- Exhibit B - 2001 JM proposal part 2
- Exhibit C - 2003 Preferred layout from FEIS
- Exhibit D - 2004 findings statement
- Exhibit E - 2004 Park alienation law
- Exhibit F - 2013 environmental easement
- Final Report and Long-Term Recommendations (PDF)
- Draft Final Report and Long-Term Recommendations – 8/27/2021 (PDF)
- Draft Final Report and Long-Term Recommendations (PDF)
- Poughkeepsie Southern Waterfront Survey Results (PDF)
- Recommendations for Immediate Public Access – Final (PDF)
- Recommendations for Immediate Public Access – For Task Force Vote (PDF)
- Draft – Recommendations for Immediate Public Access – 6/4/2021 (PDF)
- Draft – Recommendations for Immediate Public Access – 5/8/2021 (PDF)
- Reference Photos for Ideas: Signage, Railings, Beautification from Other Waterfronts (PDF)
- Project for Public Spaces: Creating Great Waterfronts with Placemaking (PDF)
- Scenic Hudson – Revitalizing Hudson Waterfronts: The Poughkeepsie Experience (PDF)
- Scenic Hudson - “Revitalizing Hudson Riverfronts” (PDF)