Come Gather with us!
The City of Poughkeepsie and the Poughkeepsie City School District invite you to a joint gathering for our Latino community. All are welcome. Free refreshments will be served. Free kids' activities!
The event will be held from 5-7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 6, at Changepoint, 260 Mill St. in Poughkeepsie. A COVID Vaccine Clinic will be on-site at the event starting two hours earlier at 3 p.m. and running until the end of the event. No appointment is needed.
Mayor Rolison, City School District Superintendent Dr. Eric Rosser, City Administrator Mark Nelson, City Community Engagement Director John Penney, and Bilingual Public Information Officer, Julee Molina will be present.
Community partners who offer resources and services will be present. District and city staff who also support and interface with the Latino community will be there as well. The goal of this gathering is to help close the gap in information and resources that are available to help reduce missed opportunities and to help students and citizens of all ages thrive.
The evening will be a "meet and greet" and with no formal presentations.
Some partners and activities that will be present :
• Free activities for children offered by the Poughkeepsie Library and Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley and The Poughkeepsie Public Library
• Resources for Latino seniors
• Resources for families
• COVID Booster Vaccine
• State, private and local resources
• Scholarship information from Community Foundations for Latinos
• Poughkeepsie Library demos
• Waverly Software Demo: Parents can learn to use and get a demonstration of software that combines the latest advances in speech recognition, machine translation, and wearable technology to help you converse without language barriers.
• AND Revolution Radio, the Hudson Valley community platform, will broadcast live!
Registration is helpful but not necessary: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ven-a-reunirte-con-nosotroscome-gather-with-us-tickets-418098753627