Common Council Meeting – February 19, 2019
The Common Council will meet on February 19, 2019 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
6:00pm – Common Council Public Hearing for the purpose of receiving comments on proposed rezoning of 27 High Street. From I-1 (Light Industrial) District to R-4 (Medium High Density Residential) District.
- ROLL CALL
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Meeting of November 19, 2018
- Special Common Council Meeting of Monday, February 11, 2019
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R19-18-27, approving appointments to the Ethics Committee.
- Resolution R19-28, approving a bond resolution for the Taylor Avenue sink hole.
- Resolution R19-29, approving a bond resolution for the city hall parking garage.
- Resolution R19-30, bond resolution for the reconstruction or replacement of Clover Street Fire Station Roof.
- Resolution R19-31, approving a bond resolution for Replacement of Weigh Scale at Howard Street Transfer Station.
- Resolution R19-32, consenting to the expansion of the 4th ward sewer improvement area under the joint sewer project.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- Ordinance O-19-03, approving and amendment to §13-175 OF THE CITY OF POUGHKEEPSIE CODE OF ORDINANCES ENTITLED “STOP SIGNS; LOCATIONS DESIGNATED”, adding a Stop Sign on Winnikee Avenue.
- Local Law LL-19-1, approving an amendment to the Administrative Code by addition of Article VII-A entitled, “Department of Human Resources”.
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM THE SALARY REVIEW COMMISSION, a communication regarding their findings.
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE BRADY, a communication regarding a proposed bond Resolution that would authorize borrowing for both the Washington St. Bridge and the Garden St. Bridge construction projects.
- FROM BFJ PLANNING, a presentation regarding update to the “Local Waterfront Revitalization Program.”
- FROM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR HESSE, a communication regarding the proposal of the Common Council declaring themselves lead agency for the environmental review of converting Market Street to two-way.
- FROM COUNCILMEMBER CHERRY, a communication regarding Community Benefit Agreements.
- FROM CLARICE PARKER, a notice of property damage sustained on January 14, 2019.
- FROM MICHELE SMOOT, a notice of personal injuries sustained on December 25, 2018.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- NEW BUSINESS: