Common Council Meeting – September 23, 2019
The Common Council will meet on September 23, 2019 at 6:30 PM in the Common Council Chambers, Municipal Building, 62 Civic Center Plaza, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Parking is available underneath City Hall, accessible via the Mill St. exit on the westbound side of the arterial. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk at (845) 451-4225.
6:00pm – Special Informational Meeting
- ROLL CALL:
- REVIEW OF MINUTES:
- Common Council Minutes of May 6, 2019
- READING OF ITEMS by the City Chamberlain of any resolutions not listed on the printed agenda.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION: Three (3) minutes per person up to 45 minutes of public comment on any agenda and non-agenda item.
- CHAIRWOMAN’S COMMENTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- MAYOR’S COMMENTS:
- MOTIONS AND RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution R19-68, setting a public hearing for a proposed amendment to Chapter 19-3.19, “entitled Central Urban Density Residence District (“R-4 A”)” by permitting neighborhood scaled commercial uses.
- Resolution R19-69, fixing the compensation for Councilmembers.
- Resolution R19-70, accepting a charitable donation for the Police Department.
- Resolution R19-71, approving an MOA with the City of Poughkeepsie PBA.
- ORDINANCES AND LOCAL LAWS:
- PRESENTATION OF PETITIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- FROM COMMISSIONER OF FINANCE BRADY, a communication regarding the Vehicle Leasing Program.
- FROM THE HDLPC, a communication regarding land marking processes.
- FROM THE JAMES FIRM, LLC, a notice of intent for The Palace Catering, located at 194 Washington Street to obtain a liquor license.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS: